Interested in Returning to Canada?
For Full Walk through see the Residents section
There are a couple of steps that are required in order to return to Canada.
1) You must have graduated from an Osteopathic Medical School in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association's Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation.
2) Secondly you must have completed a residency through the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or a Canadian Residency.
The ACGME Residency must be equivalent to Canadian Standards in terms of content and duration from a College of Family Physicians Canada (CCFP) or Physicians and Surgeons of Canada standpoint.
3) Apply through the Provincial or Territorial College of Medicine for medical practice. Each Province has different regulations and requirements in order to obtain a medical license in that province. See Registration Information for more information on a per provincial and territorial basis.
4) In some cases, provinces may require a Medical Council of Canada examination whereas others will accept USMLE and COMLEX examinations.
5) Specific questions? Email us at or message us on Facebook and we would be happy to help!